Thursday, July 22

Chapter one...

Well, I saw that Just Me left a comment on my last post, so I checked out his blog (interesting, btw).  He mentioned that he has a wedding coming up this weekend, so I thought I would start with my wedding stories, well, one in particular.  You always hear that weddings are great places to pick up people, and from my experience, that holds true.  I have gone single to more than a couple weddings, and left with a man on my arm, but one story sticks out amongst the others.

Like I mentioned, pretty much all of my friends are married, so I have attended quite a few weddings.  At one last year, in which I was a bridesmaid, I had my pick of a few of the groomsmen.  They were all nice looking, but one caught my eye more than the others, Frank.  Which, now that I think about it, of those that I could have had, he was really not the best looking, but something about him won me over.  There was just this immediate attraction between us and, though it is a huge cliche, we just clicked.  We ended up spending the entire evening, into the wee hours of the morning, dancing and talking.  He was leaving the next day to go home to Pittsburgh, so I really didn't figure I was going to see him again, after I left to go to my friend's house for the night.  But, the next morning , before I had left Huntington to head home, he called and came to where I stayed to pick me up, just so he could see me once more before he headed out.  Well, long story short, he followed me back to my house and didn't end up leaving for two days.  And it was not a sexual thing--I know that is what most people are going to think.  He then had to go home, but came back two days later and stayed for three more days.  

We had so much fun together, like we were crazy in love.  He even told me once that he had completely fallen for me, and, though it was in another language (German, if I remember right), he even told me that he loved me.  So, the day comes when he has to go home again and it was a heart-wrenching goodbye.  We made jokes about the other not being able to see anyone else, and then he got all serious on me and said that he really didn't want us seeing other people.  Hey, this was fine with me--I had finally found a guy that was super-intelligent, treated me like I was a queen, and was already nuts about me, in a week's time.  Plus, he wasn't just out for sex!!!  Sounds like we were dating, right?  Well, to this day, I haven't heard from him again.  For the first couple of days, I thought, he has been gone for a week, he is just busy.  Then I started worrying--the weather was horrible when he left, he was surely dead or seriously hurt from a car wreck.  Finally I tried calling, with no answer.   Then I tried e-mail.  That was how I finally decided that my wonderful guy had just decided to ditch me.  See, I could check to see if he read my e-mail.  When I saw that he had, and I didn't get a reply, then I finally accepted that it was over.

Why does a guy go nutso like that?  I have talked to our mutual friends, and they can't give me any clue about it either.  I find it hard to believe that it was all a lie.  For one thing, I hardly think he would have driven home to Pittsburgh, just to return two days later if he hadn't really felt something.  And it wasn't because I didn't sleep with him--he didn't even try to go there.  And if he had changed his mind during our last couple of days together, why did he bring up us not seeing other people any longer?  So, I am still baffled as to what happened.  Men are SO confusing!

As for the other wedding pick-ups, they never ended well either, but this was the most interesting story. 



3 Comments:

At July 23, 2004 9:06 AM, Blogger Maisyday said...

I can honestly say that I have never given out a fake number. If I am not interested, I just tell the guy--I figure that it easier than dragging it out. Plus, if you give out a fake number, especially in a place that you frequent, do you really think you are never going to see that person again? My luck would be that I would continue seeing them every time I went out!

 
At July 23, 2004 9:07 AM, Blogger Maisyday said...

Oh, and I don't think that women are easy to understand either, but then I am not trying to date a woman! :)

 
At July 23, 2004 9:25 AM, Blogger Mama Luvins said...

I LOVE the Taco Bell funny!!

You know, Crystal, having lived through all of this with you, it still infuriates me to read it again! Hold your head up high, girl, because you WILL find someone decent. Or we'll clone Chris. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home