Friday, July 23

Random Ramblings

I am taking a sick day from work today.  I slept horrible last night, not even beginning to fall asleep until after three in the morning.  Plus, I had a stomach ache and my hip was bothering me.  So, I just plain didn't feel up to getting out of bed this morning.  I decided to use some of my sick time and waste the day away, pretty much doing nothing.  And to fill my time I have decided to post some random things on here.  Don't worry, I will get back to my stories, this will just give you some more insight into who I am and what is going on in my life.

For those of you reading this that don't know me, I want to let you know that I own a monster.  Granted, she looks like a small dog, but she is truly a monster.   Sometime I will post a pic of her so you can see how sweet and innocent she looks.  She has an aggressive streak a mile wide, and she is overly protective of me.  I have to take her to the vet next month for her shots and I am dreading it because the last time we were there she literally tried to attack him.  In fact, I am considering drug therapy for her because she is completely out of control sometimes.  She can be the sweetest little dog you would ever want to know, but then the next second she is attacking someone's foot.  Luckily she is full grown at ten pounds, so she can't really do any harm, at least to adults.  The reason I am considering drugs is because of my nephews.  They are 13 months and 5 months (different mothers) and I am afraid to have her around them.  So far the only time she has snapped at either of them was once when Izzy fell on top of her.  In fact, she seems to adore them, but she is so unpredictable that I can't trust her.  Her name is Baciana Bronwyn, Baci for short.  I wanted to name her Diablo, but my family was so against that.  Little did they know what she was going to turn out to be!

Well, enough about my dog.  I am really bored, almost wishing I was working.  But, it is nice to have a day every now and then when you really don't have anything to do. 

If you have never had stitches in your hip, be happy, and do everything in your power to keep in that way.  I went last Friday to have a funny looking mole on my right hip removed.  I have had a couple of others removed in the past, and the doctor has frozen them and scraped them off--a little pain immediately, but I was back to normal within a day or two.  This time though, my family doctor referred me to a dermatologist and he did a punch biopsy, which left me with four stitches right on my hip bone.  I was not expecting this, so when he said he had put some stitches in and I would need to return in 12 days for them to removed, I was a bit shocked.  Then he added that I needed to severely limit my movement until then because, with the location, it would be very easy to rip them out.   I have done pretty well with that, and I think they are going to stay put without any problem.  Also, because of the location, I am unable to drive right now.  My seat belt hits right on top of the place and sends severe pain through my entire body.  You don't realize how much you depend on a car until you can't drive.  And to make matters oh so much better, it now appears that I am having a reaction to the sutures.  I got out of the shower this morning and went to apply my polysporin, only to realize that I have lots on tiny little red bumps all around it, and it is itching like mad!  Immediately I think my leg is trying to rot off (okay, so not really, but it did scare me), so I call the doctor and they say it is nothing to worry about--just to keep taking care of it as I have been and it will go away after the stitches come out.  Easy enough for them to say--they aren't the ones who want to scratch holes in their leg.  But, I will live.  I have lived through far worse than this, so this is a breeze, even if it is an crazy, annoying one.  :)

One last random thing about me and I think I will end this post.  I recently acquired a bar for my living room.  Long story short, a friend owned it, was moving, couldn't take it, and passed it to me.  It is so cool!  I am not a big drinker, but I love to entertain, so it is the perfect accessory for my house.  It is about 6 1/2 feet long, about 1 1/2 feet deep, and stands about four feet high--the perfect height to stand and rest your arms on.  It is black leather with lots of shelves in the back for storage.  My living room set is red leather, so it goes perfectly in there.  The one odd thing about it though is that is has the letters K R really big on the front of it.  No, it wasn't my friends initials, his name is Justin,  but we are guessing they are the initials of the original owner.  Anyways, Justin and his roomies called it the "Krusty Rubber."  I was not about to have anything in my house by that name, so one night a couple of my friends came over to break it in and rename it.  We did a couple of shots and broke out the dictionaries.  The two names we liked the best were Karma Rising and Kabuki Rodeo.  As the night wore on and more drinks were had, Kabuki Rodeo won out.  We just couldn't say it without laughing.  That has been about a month ago, and I haven't come up with anything better yet, so I think it is going to stick.  Yes, it is strange, but it is funny also.  I have another friend, Shawn, who is planning on drawing me a picture of a Kabuki doll on a bull to hang by it.  If he really does it, then the name will definitely stay.  But, until I have something concrete for Kabuki Rodeo, I am up for suggestions. 

Well, I think that is enough random things for now.  Likely I will get on here later and get back to posting single stories again.

3 Comments:

At July 23, 2004 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At July 26, 2004 2:17 PM, Blogger Mama Luvins said...

Sorry I posted as anonymous!!! And I'll try not to write such ornery posts from now on, deal?? :-)

 
At July 27, 2004 3:46 PM, Blogger Maisyday said...

I only removed it because I knew it was you! Be as honery as you want--it doesn't bother me. I can always hit delete! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home