Monday, December 12

Party time!

Long time, no post. Sorry for that!

I had an amazing weekend! First, Shawn came for a visit Friday night, and as my loyal readers know, I always love getting to see him. We stayed in for the evening, and had a wonderful night. 'Nuff said. ;)

Then on Saturday I hosted my first party here in B-more and it was a resounding success! The Kabuki Rodeo impressed the hell out of everyone! I had I think 10, maybe 12 people show up and we spent the evening and well into the night drinking it up and having a great time. I got presents also, so that always makes for a good night--a few bottles of liquor, one bottle of wine, and two really cool pictures for the bar. I have met some really great people since I moved here, and they are quickly becoming some of my closest friends. In fact, everyone that was at the party was someone that I have met since my move. Most of the party we spent talking, eating, and drinking, but it just wouldn't be one of my parties unless something crazy happened. So, the night ended with one of the guys stripping for us, to "I Will Survive." Funny, funny stuff--a skinny, pasty white guy, that I had just met, (friend of a friend) running around my house in his boxers. Thank goodness he stopped there! He did moon us, but I, as I am sure everyone else at the party would agree, had seen more than we ever wanted! Interesting times, interesting times....

Unfortunately though, that was the end to my wonderful weekend. :( One of the reasons I haven't posted recently is that I have had a terrible cold and just truly felt like crap. Since Thanksgiving. Anyways, on Friday a pain started in the left side of my chest, but I really didn't pay too much attention to it. It got a little worse on Saturday, but I was so busy with the party, I didn't really worry too much still. Well, Sunday when I started coughing up blood and could barely get out of bed because of the pain, I decided that I had better get my butt to a doctor! He checked me over, did x-rays and told me that I have acute bronchitis. Luckily it isn't pneumonia, but it could still be a fractured rib. Honestly, I am beginning to think that one of my ribs has completely broken off and is floating around in there stabbing me, torturing me until I slowly die, as much pain as I am in. I have a high tolerance for pain, and this is seriously kicking my ass! Never in my life can I remember hurting like this, not even after knee surgery. Anyways, he put me on an antibiotic and vicodin. To give you an idea about the pain--the vicodin isn't touching it. Yep, it's THAT BAD! With any luck I will start feeling better in a day or two, but right now, I am wondering if I will make it that long. So, keep your fingers crossed for me that I live through this!

I think that is about all for now. Even if the vicodin doesn't stop the pain, it does make me loopy and knock me out, so I think I am going to go lay down for a bit.

If I don't get around to posting again soon--HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home