Thursday, September 29

Just an update--Some bitching, but keep reading, I am still happy

I truly hate apartment living. I'd forgot just how much. Right now, and for the last hour, I have been sitting on my bed, listening to my neighbor's music. And I can't tell you how many times I have had to listen to the neighbors above me have sex. One year, and I am out of here. I don't care if I have to live on bread crumbs and water, I will have a place of my own next year. Whether I pay an exorbant amount to rent a house or I buy, I WILL have a single family dwelling again. Right now I can't decide which is worse--my old house with mold and pest (mice, bugs, spiders, etc.) infestation, but nice and quiet, or here with noise galore, but so far no serious pest problems (some crickets) or mold. I do not function well in group housing, that is just all there is to it.

And to continue my little bitch fest, I am so sick of comment spam. So I am turning on word verification. I would love to be able to get my hands on spammers just for a few minutes, with no repercussions for what I might do to them. I really wonder how their lives can be THAT boring that they sit around creating programs/malware/spyware to spam people. Come on people, seriously, GET A LIFE!

But now, onto a happy note. I am occasionally getting work now, so things are slightly more interesting. Still very, very slow. I also know what projects I am going to be working on. Two of them are pretty major, one short term (ending in November if all goes well) and one long term (years). Looking at the things they assigned me to, I worry even more that I won't be able to live up to their expectations. I have never had a job where I have been so highly praised, especially not before I have actually done any work! It is nice, but scary at the same time.

I bought the ultrasonic bark thingy for Baci--works well when I manually push the button, but for some reason it doesn't recognize her bark, so it won't work in the automatic mode. Now I am back to square one, and just not sure what I am going to do. I hate the thought of shocking her, even a few times, but I am seriously thinking it is the route I am going to have to take. Of course, I guess I could just let her bark and return the favor of annoying the hell out of my neighbors. If it didn't annoy me so much, I just might be tempted to do that. :) I can say, this is the first time I have heard the neighbors beside me, so with any luck, it is just a fluke. I just hope that they turn it off soon so I can go to bed!

Another happy note--got to see Christina and Rose yesterday. Christina's boyfriend is a chef for a new restaurant that is opening in DC. Last night they had pre-opening evening that we went to. It was pretty cool. We had a reason to get all dressed up and then we had a wonderful dinner. We had a BBQ chicken flatbread thingy for an appetizer, salads, steaks, chicken, and pasta for dinner, and they even gave us this chocolate thing for dessert. It was all so delicious! Colin has done a great job training his chefs!And best of all--it was all free! :) All we had to pay for was our bottle of wine. And of course we tipped the waiter well; he did a really good job and he was really cute, so he deserved it. ;) Too bad he has a girlfriend and he lives in Cleveland--just here for maybe a month to help get the place open. We gave him all kinds of ideas on ways to make his girlfriend just absolutely adore him, so he treated us really well. :)

That is about it for now.

1 Comments:

At October 13, 2005 10:57 PM, Blogger Mama Luvins said...

Are we ever getting another update????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home