Friday, July 23

A good night!

Well, tonight was a decent night in my world of dating.  I met a guy who seems to be an extremely nice guy.  He is nice looking, Christian, charming, fun to be with--just an all around nice guy.  And he wasn't all pushy about hitting on me.  There is nothing worse than an arrogant, cocky guy hitting on you, expecting you to fall at his feet, ever so thankful that he is giving you the chance.  In fact, this guy didn't hit on me at all--he used my sister and brother-in-law as buffers, going through them to find out if I would be interested.  Which was sort of endearing.  At first I wasn't too sure about telling them to give him my number, because he just isn't the type of guy I usually go for.  Of course, with my history, that is probably a good thing.  :)  But, he just grows on you, so I figured I would take a chance. 

What is my type of guy?  Jerks--just kidding!  I just seem to find more than my fair share of them out there.  I hate to admit it, but I am drawn to pretty, poster boys or to rebels.  And, not to insult and nice rebels or nice pretty boys, but there seems to be an unusually large number of them that are jerks.  The pretty boys know they are pretty so they think they can get away with it and the rebels just think you expect it out of them.  So, when you chose to date those groups of people, you tend to date more jerks. 

Anyhow, this guy doesn't fit into either group.  He is very Christian, maybe too much so, which makes him anything but a rebel.  And he is cute in a cuddly teddy bear kind of way, far from a handsome pretty boy way.  He is a big guy, somewhat overweight, but that didn't detract from his looks.  Thinking back, most of the guys I have dated have been pretty skinny also, or at least they have started out that way.  I like to cook, and some have tended to put on a few pounds while we were together. 

Now starts the waiting game.  If he is as nice as he seems, I should have a call within a few days.  I'll keep you updated!

A note on the "maybe too much so" Christian comment.  I am an active Christian and proud to be one and I really do try to live a decent life.  And I do want to find a good Christian man.  However, I do not want a "Bible-banger" who will try to shove religion down my throat.  I'm not really sure this guy will do that, but his faith is a huge part of his life, so it is just a tiny little worry of mine.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home