Wednesday, July 26

I'm a model...Part 2

Our story begins a couple of months ago...It was a dark and stormy night...

Just kidding!

So a couple of months ago I was sitting at home, relaxing, minding my own business when my boss called. There was going to be some pictures taken the next day and he wanted me to be in them. In other words, he was calling to tell me to make sure I looked pretty the next day. I spent the rest of the evening far from the relaxed state I had been--I had to find something to wear!!! After many a phone call to helpful friends and family, we decided I would go for a pair of black pants and a cream colored shirt, pretty, professional, and solid colors so that it would look good in pictures. The next morning was spent with myself and a few of my coworkers primping and posing, having a ton of pictures taken. We kept asking what these pictures were going to be used for and strangely enough, nobody could answer us. All we were told was that the higher-ups asked for some shots, and these were going to go to them.

Jump ahead to a couple of weeks ago. A guy that works in another section here brings a calendar by to congratulate me. Yes, that is correct, I made the company calendar. Come September my face will be gracing tons of cubicles in SSA offices across the nation. Turns out thousands of these things were printed up and handed out at a diversity conference held recently, to show the diverse staff of SSA. My next question is: What am I, the whitest white person you could find? Or maybe they needed to show a hillbilly? Seriously, I couldn't understand how I represent "diversity" within our company. I am a white non-handicapped woman with no outstanding ethnic features. Oh well, no matter what their reasoning, I still made the calendar and my modeling career has begun!

I cracked up laughing when I found out what the pictures had been used for! I moved to Baltimore to advance my career, and instead I became a pinup! As you can well imagine, I incurred much teasing from my coworkers, as would they from me if our places were reversed. And once September gets here, I can only imagine what I am going to have to face....

But wait, you didn't think that would be the end of my modeling career, did you? That was just my debut! Stay tuned for my adventures in modeling Philly-style, sure to be enjoyed by all! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home