Wednesday, April 26

Busy, busy, busy...

Whew! What a busy couple of weeks I have had!

It all started at Easter, when I went home to spend the holiday with my family. I had the worst time trying to figure out my taxes this year, so I made sure to get home early on that Friday and my sister and I spent the evening getting them figured out. With any luck, they are right. I guess it is too late to worry now though, since they are filed and I await my moola. :) I then spent Saturday morning getting my hair done (short cut, colored a little darker than my natural color) only to rush home, help with some cooking, and then back to Cindy's for Easter dinner. Since I knew I would need to leave in the early afternoon on Sunday, my family helped me out by having dinner the night before. And what a dinner--everything was delicious! Easter Sunday I got up early, headed to Church, and left to head back here to B-more very shortly after Church ended. I was so busy I didn't have the chance to even think of trying to get together with any friends, much less actually do it.

Which brings us to this past weekend. My little niece turned one last Friday, so it was back to WV for another weekend. Let me tell you, making that trip two weekends in a row is tiring, to put it nicely. Pretty much as soon as I got there on Friday, Micki, Johnny and I headed to Hurricane for a little Mi Pueblito. For those of you who are die-hard Rio Grande fans, you seriously have to try Mi Pueblito. It has the same menu as Rio Grande, but their food is SOOOOO much better! Especially the cheese dip, mmmmmmm. But, I digress. :) Saturday was Sophie's party, so I went to Cindy's to make heart shaped foods (the party was Love themed). Poor little Sophie had a stomach bug, so she was miserable for her whole party. To get the idea, go here for a picture and her mom's description of things. She just wanted to stay in someone's arms, and wasn't even interested in eating her cake. I sat her down at one point in the middle of her gifts, and she just fell head first onto them and laid there, not even caring to see what was inside. The biggest reaction we got out of her over her presents was over a little soft baby doll that I go her. She hugged it up close to her and laid down on her mommy again, more than ready to go back to sleep.

Eventually Tricia and I left there and went out shopping for a bit. I bought three shirts that remain in WV, since I am an idiot. We had plans to meet up with Michelle for ice cream at 7:00, and Carla later in the evening to go to the Comedy Zone. Little did I know that it was all lies!!!! When we walked in the door at Maggie Moos, a cow-themed ice cream joint, my whole family was in the back and they screamed "SURPRISE" and shocked the hell out of me. :) My birthday is May 12th, and since I won't be in WV for it, they decided to throw me a surprise party while I was home. It was a very fun, and incredibly embarrassing evening for me. I don't believe that I knew true embarrassment until an EIGHT FOOT TALL COW in a pink dress came out carrying my cake to me. Go here, and you can see the cartoon cow that the costume looks just like. It was such a fun evening! I got a goodie bag and all, with two little cows, some candy, and even a coloring book. I may have nightmares about giant cows for the rest of my life, but it was well worth it.

After that party, Tricia and I really did meet up with Carla at the Comedy Zone, where we saw two really funny comics, Russ Nagel and Scott Oseychik. If you ever get the chance to see these guys, it is well worth the money! There were times I was laughing so hard I was crying!

This past Sunday I had two more birthdays to celebrate, Micki's and my granny's. Yes, I had four birthday parties in one weekend. Like I said, I have been busy. :) I felt bad because once again, I had to rush out of there to head back here. But, even being rushed a bit, I think they both enjoyed their birthday!

You would think now that all of that was over, I would have time to breathe, right? Nope! My friend Christy and her sister and little boy came to visit me for a few days. I took Tuesday off work and the four of us spent the day at Inner Harbor, touring the aquarium and a two tall ships they had docked there, The Cisne Branco from Brazil and The Virginian (couldn't find a webpage). The Cisne Branco was especially cool because it was huge and absolutely breathtaking, and the cute Brazilian men aboard didn't hurt anything. :) Unfortunately Christy and her family couldn't stay but a couple of days. We had a good time while they were here though! Sadly, they left this morning, but now my life is slowing returning to "normal" and I might have a chance to breathe for a minute.

So, sorry for not posting in a while and sorry for this long post, but as you can see, I have been busy. :) This weekend I plan to just chill and rest a bit, then get busy again and see what I can get into the following weekend! :)

1 Comments:

At April 27, 2006 6:31 PM, Blogger MaMa Norma said...

We did have two great weekends in a row with you. Hmmm I wonder if we have another party this weekend if you would come home. The parties were great except for poor Sohpie being so sick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home