Sunday, July 25

Miracles do happen!

I don't have to worry about him calling--miracle of miracles, he has called not once, but twice.  I haven't been home either time, so I haven't actually talked to him, but at least he called.  

So, the fact that he has already called twice made me kind of question him.  He didn't even give me a day to call him back before I had another message from him, so it makes him look a little too eager to me.  It is nice that a guy is finally showing interest, so I am not really going to knock it.  I said something to my sister about it and she just thought I was awful for even daring to question it, and chewed me out for it.  But, if I called a guy that I had just met, twice, within 24 hours of meeting him, he would likely peg me as psycho and needy and never return my call.  It is a double standard that I can't question the same of the guy who does it to me.  There might just be something to that two day rule--get a number and wait two days before calling to keep from looking desperate.  And the fact that he called the next day didn't really bother me, just the fact that I haven't even had a chance to return his call before he called me again. 

Yeah, I know, I am too judgmental and picky or whatever else you would like to say.  Don't worry though, I am going to call him back.  Along with everything else, I am forgiving to a fault and keep giving people lots of "second" chances.   



1 Comments:

At July 26, 2004 10:49 AM, Blogger Mama Luvins said...

I didn't mean to be chewing you out, and I agree 100% on the double-standard thing. I just think it's refreshing that he wasn't playing games. It would be nice for men AND women to just cut through the crap, and if you're interested, ACT interested. And if you're not, don't say you're going to call. I'm SOOOO glad I don't have to play that stupid game anymore, and I really feel for those of you who do. But at least you called him back!! I'm proud of you. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home