Tuesday, July 26

Please tell me I made the right decision!

I finally received the call I have been waiting almost four weeks for. I was offered the job in Baltimore! But (does good news ever follow the word but?), I turned them down. :( They offered me the absolute lowest pay that they are hiring at, and it was beneath what I set as my limit. I tried to negotiate a higher salary, and they said that they only way it may be possible to get a higher salary is if I turned down their initial offer. So, I refused it and told them that I hope to hear from them again soon with another offer. I so hope that they will call and offer more because I really want this job. But, it just wasn't a financially wise decision to move at what they were offering. So, keep your fingers crossed for me that they will call back and offer at a minimum some sort of recruitment bonus!

1 Comments:

At July 27, 2005 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you made the right decision! You're worth a lot more than that. But then, what do I know? I'm just your mom! And maybe, just maybe, deep down, I just plain don't want you to move. Especially that far away!!! But then again, I know you have to do what you have to so you can advance your career and get on with your life.

AT any rate, if they offer you enough money, I'll help you pack and miss you like the devil when you move.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home