Wednesday, February 8

Just an update!

What a grueling two weeks! I was in class these past two weeks, one week for lead and the other for asbestos. Truly, I don’t think I could have been more miserable. The lead class was rough because they tossed in a bunch of wanna-be realtors with us, and they were no where near the same level concerning lead as those of us who work in safety and health. Every single thing that the instructor said had to be repeated LITERALLY ten or more times! I finally got to the point where I now believe that yes, there IS such a thing as a stupid question. There was one time where the instructor was talking about “two years.” After repeating and rephrasing himself as many times as he could, he changed “two years” to “24 months” to see if the others in class could comprehend that. To which a guy in the back of the class yelled angrily, “I thought you just said it was two years!” Yes, that is the kind of people I had to deal with. The second class wasn’t so bad; except for I had to have Elliott (see previous post) in there with me for two days, actually sitting next to me one day. Can you believe the ass still didn’t apologize for his behavior? Oh well, I have a bunch of new CDs now, so I am not going to complain.

Luckily though, I had a good weekend to finish things up. My nephew’s birthday was this past weekend, so I went home to WV to celebrate with him. He is two now and so cute! I decided to stay through until Monday so I could watch the Super Bowl with my family, so we had his party on Sunday to coincide with it. And what a party! We had more food than we could ever have hoped to eat, with plenty of beer (for the game, not the 2-year old’s birthday--what kind of person do you think I am?) and soda to wash it down. I was so stuffed that it was all I could do to not fall into food coma during the game! It was a fun party and I was so thrilled to see my Steelers win! :)

I finished out the trip with lunch on Monday with my sisters and two friends, Carla and Tricia. It is always so great to see everyone, but still so sad when I have to say goodbye. People say that in time, it will get easier, but I think I will always miss living so near everyone. Then it was back off the B-more for me and Baci! Poor thing—at one point early in the trip I had to slam on the brakes, which threw her around pretty hard. Now, she has her own seat belt, so she didn’t get hurt, but that didn’t stop her from getting ticked! She would hardly look at me the entire ride home! At first when she kept her nose stuck in the corner, I was afraid that she had got hurt, so I pulled into a rest area to check her over. But, she was fine, just mad—such an expressive little dog!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home