Wednesday, February 15

It's about time!

I finally got an apology from Elliot!!!

Last week he was at the same poker game I went to, at my friend Jim’s house. Shortly after I got there, while we were waiting for our final player, he asked me about his CDs. To which I replied, “You will get them back as soon as I get an apology.” His reply to that was simply, “Well then,” and that was the end of the conversation—no apology offered. After much deliberation, I finally decided to send him an e-mail telling him exactly what happened that night, just in case he didn’t realize just how terrible he had behaved. I was very nice in it, just laid out the details of the evening--I even had a friend read over it to make sure I didn’t sound too accusatory or bitchy in it.

Sure enough, he had no idea of how things ended that night. Today I received an extremely nice, very apologetic e-mail from him. And it seemed to be very sincere. He admitted to not being in his right mind that night, that there was absolutely no excuse for his behavior, and that he felt terrible that I suffered any injuries because of him.

So, even though he didn’t specifically admit that he was drunk that evening, I will accept that. I will return his CDs to him and all of this can finally be put behind us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home