Monday, May 14

Being 30 isn't so bad after all

So far, so good; I can't complain about being 30. I had a wonderful day on Saturday with my sister, Cindy, and her family visiting. My day started with me becoming an "official" MD resident, in that I finally switched my driver's license over. It was about time I got around to doing that. :) Then I went out car hunting with my family, taking out a Scion xB and Toyota Matrix for drives. I really liked the feel of the Scion, but unfortunately the 2006 model doesn't come with cruise control. They redesigned the 2008 (there wasn't a 2007 model made), and although I could get cruise on a new one, I hate the new styling. So, it looks like the xB is not going to be the car for me. I liked everything about the Matrix except for the driving position. With me being so tall, I have to have the seat back as far as it will go for my legs to be in a comfortable position. By doing this though, I had to have my arms completely straight, elbows locked, to reach the steering wheel. So, it isn't looking too positive either. Hopefully I will make it out one evening this week or next weekend to look at some more and have better luck. Next up, the Honda Fit.

Once we finished with the car hunting for the day, we took a trip to the zoo with the kids. It was so much fun!!! I spent the day reclaiming my childhood, eating snow cones and cotton candy, petting animals at the petting zoo, I even went for a ride on a carousel. It was a gorgeous day also, so it was perfect to be out and about. Once we got home, my brother in law went out and picked up a Cheesecake Factory cheesecake and my family threw a little party for me out on my balcony. They gave me a ton of new stuff to go with my new patio set, so I will have the best balcony in the neighborhood! We went out to dinner after that at Five Guys, which of course was delicious, and then ended the evening with Chris and the kids in bed while Cindy and I killed a bottle of wine and a couple pieces of cheesecake. MMMM, MMMM! :)

Now the sucky part about my birthday. My coworkers have done nothing, not even a card. We normally have a birthday cake and card for everyone, but nada for me. I would have thought they completely forgot about it, except for a few have wished me a happy birthday or asked how my birthday went. So it just looks like they just don't care enough to actually celebrate mine, and that REALLY sucks to think about. Oh well, I will live. But they can forget about me joining in and putting up money to host parties for everyone else now. Petty, yes, but I don't care. They could have at least pretended to want to do something for me to keep from hurting my feelings.

Other than my coworkers sucking, my birthday was nice though. I even had a couple of surprise calls from people I wasn't expecting to hear from. And being 30 isn't so bad after all. In fact, I don't feel any different than I did this time last week. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home