Thursday, May 10

The BIG 30!!!

I just realized that I only have a little over a day left in my twenties. Yep, that's right...on Saturday I will be turning 30! And how am I spending the last days of my youthful twenties, you might ask? So far today I have worked my regular job, come home, finished four loads of laundry, deep cleaned the kitchen (including scrubbing the drip pans on the stove), and mowed the lawn. And now I am on my computer, typing away. Exciting day, eh? Big plans for tomorrow also--work, of course, and then finish straightening this place up, woo-hoo! Tomorrow evening will be nice though, because Cindy, Chris, Izzy and Sophie will be getting here (late) to spend the weekend with me. :) My house will be a little crazy for the next few days, but it will be so much fun, it won't matter.

Am I where I always thought I would be at this stage of my life? Not in a million years. Had you asked me ten, even five years ago if I thought I would be living in Baltimore by the time I was thirty, I would have laughed at you. But here I am closing in on being here two years. I had always imagined that I would be married with kids by this age, but I can honestly say that I am thankful that I am not. Had I married when I was younger, I almost certainly would have married a guy from WV, and never had the chance to live the life I have now. I really think that living alone in a big city has helped me grow as a person, and I am very thankful to have had that opportunity. It has forced me to become independent, whether I ever wanted to or not. :) Career wise, I am pretty much where I thought I would be. Well, there was a time when I thought I would be a pharmacist, but that changed during college. I guess I am meaning more the kind of success I have had with my career. I have a great job that pays me well, with great opportunities ahead for me, and that is more what I mean when I say that I am pretty much where I thought I would be. All in all, I am pretty happy with how my life has turned out in the first 30 years.

Here's to hoping that the next 30 are just as happy (or happier!) for me! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home