Tuesday, May 15

Maybe they don't suck so bad after all

Today my coworkers came through for me. I was surprised with cake and card this morning and lots of singing all day today. So far I have had people sing "Happy Birthday" to me seven different times!!! It is starting to get a bit embarrassing. :) But I am loving every minute of it! The one in charge asked me if I thought they had forgot about me, to which I truthfully replied that yes, I thought they had. She then told me that she had planned on doing something yesterday, but that there weren't many people her (which is true) so she figured she would hold off until today so there would be more people to celebrate with me. I can't really be too upset by that, now can I?
Just a note, I got a couple of phones calls last night with people worried that my coworkers don't like me. I NEVER thought that. I just figured they were thoughtless idiots. But they proved me wrong today, so have to take that back as well. :) Oh, and I want to note, I don't think this was a "pity-party" either--as far as I know, none of them even know about this website, so they wouldn't know that I had said they all sucked.


I can now say that my thirtieth birthday has been a wonderful occasion, in every way so far. Now to wait and see what my family does for me over Memorial Day weekend..... :)

2 Comments:

At May 17, 2007 2:14 PM, Blogger Ray said...

We did all that stuff the last time you were in. You must have gotten to drunk to remember it all. The swimming pool and seeing who could stay under water the longest after someone let one, You won every time!

 
At May 17, 2007 3:23 PM, Blogger Maisyday said...

Wow, I must have been really, really drunk to have been swimming in April!!! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home