Wednesday, December 22

I now know where I stand

Know that New Year’s Eve party that I have planned? Well, looks like it isn’t going to be quite the party that I had thought. A couple of my other friends planned a competing party, and some of the people that I thought were coming here are now going to go to that one. Great, isn’t it? The best part is that none of those people have bothered to tell me that they aren’t coming to mine—I had to find out from someone else today. This all hit me like a brick wall! Here I was planning this big party! I have already bought a bunch of food for it, so it looks like I will be eating hor’douvres for the next couple of weeks. Thankfully I haven't bought the champagne yet--it would kind of suck to toast just myself.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

2 Comments:

At January 07, 2005 3:22 AM, Blogger Astrid said...

*Astrid runs in with a party-hat on and a big plate in her hand* Hey, I know I am a few days late, but are there still some party-vibes and hor’douvres left for one GREAT after-party? I promise I won't dance as a banana!?!?!

 
At January 07, 2005 3:13 PM, Blogger Maisyday said...

But Astrid! If you won't dance as a banana, what fun will it be?!?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home