Saturday, January 1

Thank God it's over!

This New Year's Eve will go down in my book as the worst one I've had.

First, let me say thanks to the people who came to my party. We had a great time, and I am glad each of you made it. However nice the party was though, it was tainted for me because of the late cancellations. Still, for a short while last night, I thought that the party going well had redeemed my night. Little did I know that fate had other plans for me.

Shortly after midnight, my guests helped me to put away the food and clean up the bar. Then we said our goodbyes, and Kathy and I decided to head to Charleston to see what was going on.

We ended up at Banana Joes, a dance club for those of you not familiar with it, surrounded by incredibly intoxicated people. Not that I wasn't somewhat drunk myself, but I still had my sense about me. Maybe I should have had a few more drinks and things wouldn't have seemed so bad.... Anyways, I digress. Almost immediately after we got there Kathy ran into a guy she knew in high school. We all talked for a few minutes, then Kathy told me that they were going to run out to her truck for a minute, but that they would be right back. To me, "right back" means a minute or two. To her, it means I will come back over an hour later and get you right before the bar kicks you out because they are closing.

Yes, she left me there, alone, fighting off incredibly drunk men for over an hour. I had come to the conclusion that she had left me and was getting ready to call my mom (the only person I figured I stood a chance of finding sober) to come pick me up, when the two of them came walking back in. The bar had already called last call for alcohol ten minutes earlier and they were playing their last song. Needless to say, I was ticked. She asked all cheery, "Hey, how are you?" To which I replied, "I'm pissed," and proceeded to let her know that I didn't appreciate being treated that way. It is going to be a while before I am willing to trust her to not do that to me again, if ever.

Take that end to the evening, couple it with a party tainted from so many guests canceling out at the last minute, and you can see why it was not a fun evening for me. If last night is an omen to how 2005 is going to treat me, I am afraid to see what the rest of the year has in store for me.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home