Tuesday, July 27

Being single is not a disease!

Today I was in a staff meeting at the office all day. It is nice to see my coworkers for a change, but I really hate staff meetings. They are long, boring excuses for your boss to fuss about stuff. Since I only see some of these people once a year, at these meetings, the inevitable question came up. "So, any men in your life?" This is almost always a question that shouldn't be asked if you aren't sure the answer is yes--it just annoys us single people. Not the question itself so much as the sympathy that comes after it. "Well, hang in there." "There is someone out there for everyone." And so on and so on. The shocked looks don't help any either. You all know the one--it clearly says that you must have the plague or something to still be single after all these years. That, or you must be gay. Nothing against gay people, I have friends who are. My being single at 27 though shouldn't lead people to think that I am gay. It only means that I haven't met the right guy, and I refuse to settle for just any guy off the street. To make things even better, the guy who made the face later said something about gay marriages and then looked at me as though he was wondering if he had offended me! Luckily, he is the one who I only see once a year, so after tomorrow I won't have to deal with him again until this time next year.

When you run into people like that, don't you want to play with their minds a little? See, I don't particularly like this guy anyways, so the thought did cross my mind to mess with him. I wouldn't do anything bad, maybe just throw a few comments around about girlfriends. :) I do have lots of female friends, so would it really to wrong to call them "girl" friends? I will behave myself though. This guy is a bigwig in our program, and I may need him for a reference down the road, so I won't antagonize him. At least not yet. :)

6 Comments:

At July 28, 2004 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your new links list. That first blog rocks.

 
At July 28, 2004 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bite me. :-)

 
At July 28, 2004 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At July 28, 2004 7:50 PM, Blogger Maisyday said...

Pathetic or not, you know I still love you, Cindy. :)

 
At July 10, 2005 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just because you are single does not mean that you are gay! Eh! I have had morons tell me that I was when like hell I am! I am single too! There are men that are assholes (sorry for my language), and I have met them! I have seen my parents different marriages go down the drain and also when they divorced each other. I don't believe in love because of that! I think all men are the same and I have seen prove on that matter! I believe that I born to be single and I am only 27 years old! All I see is other people happy that they got someone and sometimes it makes me sick and then it makes me think that I can do a whole lot of stuff that they can't do by not being single! Eh! People who are not single have to go through their husbands or wives or girlfriends or boyfriends just like they would have to do if they were kids asking for permission to do whatever! Being single, you have a whole lot of freedom! You can get a better job, get things done better, never have to tell your boyfriend or husband where you are going. You can do whatever you want and that is what I am liking! I don't feel bad all of the time just because I am single and have more freedom! I take advantage of the situation and proud of it!

 
At July 10, 2005 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also you have the right attitude about being single is not a disease and thats a fact.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home