Wednesday, September 8

Nakedness on Labor Day!

Labor Day

I mentioned before that I had a wonderful Labor Day also. I went up to Charleston for the Reinvesting in America Rally. It was such a great day! First thing, I ran into a friend of my dad’s who gave me a “Friends of Labor” pass. This got me in and out of the Charleston House for the day and into hospitality rooms where I was able to get free food and drinks. My sister had a room on the eighth floor, riverside of the hotel, overlooking all of the festivities. Since it ended up being such a warm day out, having access to the hotel with a place to crash for a while was a great asset. Plus, the free food and booze didn’t hurt. :)

There was a press conference at 2:00 that I sat in on, where I got to hear performers/speakers of the day talk for a bit and then there was a little Q & A session. Afterwards, they all hung out for a while, meeting and talking with us. I got to speak to the Indigo Girls, but didn’t have a camera, so no picture. But then I grabbed my sister’s digital camera and had pictures taken with Willie Nelson and Danny Glover. It was so neat getting to meet both of them! Later, I ran into Rev. Jesse Jackson in the hotel lobby and had mine and Izzy’s picture taken with him. There is a funny story that goes along with that.

Of course, when I walk up with Izzy in my arms, Jesse Jackson took him to be my son. I didn’t see any need to correct him. Anyways, we get together for the picture, and Izzy decides this would be a good time to pull my shirt off me. So he started grabbing at the V-neckline, tugging and pulling as hard as he could. At this point, Jesse Jackson started laughing and saying, “No, no son, don’t strip your mommy,” and other things along those lines. I could have died at that moment and been perfectly happy. I was so embarrassed!!! Here is a very important political figure, as well as a reverend, and he has now seen my boobs. I eventually recovered from the embarrassment and enjoyed the rest of my day, but I will never be able to see or hear Jesse Jackson again without turning a little pink. Or bright red is more likely. :) Anyways, that is where the nakedness on Labor Day come from.

I kept running into Danny Glover all day! It was so funny, every time I would turn a corner, there he was. I actually ran into him a couple of times, as in literally hitting him. He was cool about it though and just laughed it off. There were so many people there that it was hard to not keep running into others. He walked around like an average person, no security or bodyguards. Which is probably a good thing, or otherwise I may have been arrested as a stalker as many times as I ran into him. :)

The rest of the day was great also. We would go outside for a while and mingle with all the people, then retreat to the room to cool off and have a couple drinks. We had the best seat for the fireworks. They were put off directly across from our hotel room, and the view was amazing.

I could go on and on, but I don’t want to ramble. Until later…..bye!

1 Comments:

At September 09, 2004 2:45 AM, Blogger oncee said...

Yeah whatever.

I walked by Willie's bus...twice.

Blah. ;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home