Tuesday, February 15

Finally, a HAPPY post! :)

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you! I know I am a day late, but I have a good reason. :)

Eric made it home in time! Yeah!!! We just finished the most wonderful day together. And he spoiled me absolutely rotten!

He showed up shortly before one, and the spoiling began. He gave me the first of my presents--an amazing antique case with a bottle of Stoli Vanil Vodka and a bottle of Kahlua inside. Then we headed to see Sideways at the theatre. Our reservation for dinner was not until 7:00, so to pass the time we decided to head into Charleston and do some shopping. We wandered around the mall for a bit, stopping by Starbucks for a drink, then headed downtown to check out the local shops. At the Capitol Market he bought me two bottles of wine, my next present. :) At Taylor Books we were discussing what type of books each of us enjoy, and he ended up buying me a book! I told him that I have always enjoyed Arthurian Legends, but have never read Malory's Le Morte d' Arthur. He couldn't believe that, so, I now own it and will likely start it tonight before I go to sleep. Then we went to Mykonos for dinner and it was absolutely delicious. The evening ended with us curled up on my couch watching Amelie, drinking one of the bottles of wine. Oh--I almost forgot my last present!!! When I got home there was a huge bouquet of flowers sitting on my bar, with two balloons floating above them-roses, daisies, mini-roses, and little pinkish purple flowers that I have no idea of their name. And the sweetest card, not that I am going to tell you all what it said. :) (He was a little surprised by that one, only because he couldn't figure out how they got inside the house without us being here. The flower shop delivered them across the street and when my mom came over to let Baci out, she brought them in for me. It was very, very funny, actually.)

It was such a great, great day--exactly what I was needing. It was so wonderful to see him again! Even without all the presents, the day would have been fabulous. It was five months in the making, and worth every minute of the wait. :)

1 Comments:

At February 15, 2005 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Crystal that is so GREAT!!! I am happy you had such a good day. Great seeing you this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home