Monday, February 28

A post for the parents out there

One of the books that I am currently reading is White Noise, by Don DeLillo. I came across a passage the other day that I thought every parent I know would appreciate, or, for that matter, anyone who has children in their life.

“Watching children sleep makes me feel devout, part of a spiritual system. It is the closest I can come to God. If there is a secular equivalent of standing in a great spired cathedral with marble pillars and streams of mystical light slanting through two-tier Gothic windows, it would be watching children in their little bedrooms fast asleep.”
When I read this I thought about all the times I have found peace just by watching my niece or one of my nephews sleeping. You can’t help but get a smile on your face and feel completely calm, especially if they happen to be curled up on your lap asleep. It has such a calming affect on me, that I often awake to find that I have fallen asleep myself while I have been rocking a baby. To have children in your life is to be truly blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home