Tuesday, May 29

My 30th Birthday is complete!

I made my way back to WV again this past weekend since I had three lovely days to spend there instead of my usual two. The traffic on the trip was horrendous, and reinforced my opinion that Maryland drivers get their licenses out of gumball machines. But anyways, that is another post.

Once I finally made it home, I had a big surprise waiting for me...my family had planned a surprise party for my 30th birthday. I stepped into the house and heard everyone scream "SURPRISE" and I was truly shocked! But I have to admit, all I could think was, "Man, I have seriously got to pee!" lol Give me a break--I had just driven 400 miles!!! :) The family had invited a bunch of people over including friends and old neighbors (who are also friends) and we had cake and ice cream and I got lots more presents. Not that the presents are the important part, but they are a pretty nice perk!

I then spent a wonderful weekend with family and friends, doing lots of cuddling with the kiddies. I got to see Tricia's baby who is now five months old and so cute! I delayed leaving on Monday by a couple of hours so that I could meet Tamara's new baby who is two months old and just gorgeous! And of course I hugged on my nieces and nephews as much as I could! Izzy about broke my heart though. He is getting to that age now where he understands that I when I leave, he won't see me for a long time, and he hates that thought. He gets so upset when he thinks about it, and begs me to not go. It is so difficult to leave him when he acts that way. So, I have a little while before he gets to the age of understanding why I have to go, but by then I will have Noah and Sophie getting to the age of crying when I leave. So, for at least the next, oh, three or four years, I will have my heart wrenched out every time I have to say goodbye. :( Luckily Maddie is already to the age where she understands why I have to go, and though she gets sad, she doesn't normally cry or throw a fit. Gotta count my blessings where I can find 'em! :)

That is about it for now, just a quick update. BTW, you guys suck--not one person commented on my Ents post! Are you not the geeks that I thought you were?!?!?!? And yes, not being a geek is a bad thing. :)

1 Comments:

At June 22, 2007 4:31 PM, Blogger Brandon said...

Hey Crystal,
So glad you had a nice 30th birthday. I hadn't been on your page for awhile so had some fun catching up on your posts. I did love the ents one! Good thing the event wasn't in the evening, would have freaked you out having trees attack at night!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home