Saturday, August 14

I'm Back!

Hello again!

After a long week with no internet access, I am finally home and things are slowly getting back to normal. So, that of course means--back to blogging!

The trip went well. I had a decent class about safety in construction. Luckily, I had a couple of decent instructors, so the class as a whole was pretty good. There was this one man though, I think they said he is 72, who should NOT be a teacher. I figure they are trying to force him to retire, so they gave him a teaching job, thinking he would hate it so much that he would leave. Unfortunately for us students though, he has decided to stick it out. For over an hour one day he stood at the computer and proceeded to "teach" us how to use the search function on a webpage. It turned out that we had to tell him what to type and where to click each time. It was so frustrating!!! I think we were supposed to be learning about trenches at that point. Thank goodness the main instructor in the class later went over trenches, or I would still not have any idea what the safety standards are for them. That was the major downer on the trip. Otherwise, it was pretty good. I enjoyed having my coworker Carla with me. She is so much fun to do stuff with, and it just doesn't seem like we ever have time when we are at home. Of course, she is married with two kids, and I am still trying to have a dating life, so our schedules don't really coincide much.

It was really nice to have a friend to travel with this time. This was my ninth or tenth trip to Chicago, and this was the first with a traveling buddy. She was good luck on the flights also--I think this was the first trip where both of my flights were on time. It was funny, this trip was only a week, and I had a friend with me, but I was so anxious to come home. I think I have spent too much time up there over the last couple of years. I just wanted to sleep in my own bed and play with my dog--is that really too much to ask? My next trip isn't scheduled until next March or April, so hopefully by then I will be ready for another. It would be nice if I could travel somewhere besides Chicago also. But, our training institute is in Chicago, so that is where I must go.

Well, it is late, I am tired, and therefore I am certain that I am just rambling, so I am going to end this before it gets too painful and boring for you to read. It may be kind of funny when I look at this later and likely see that half of what I wrote doesn't even make any sense. :) Goodnight all!

2 Comments:

At August 16, 2004 10:13 PM, Blogger Mama Luvins said...

And you wanted to see your niece and nephews, right???

 
At August 17, 2004 7:55 AM, Blogger Maisyday said...

I always want to see my neice and nephews--that goes without saying! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home