Tuesday, August 17

Words taken from within my mind...

I followed the link to Chris's blog (from the chatterbox) and looked into some of his archives and found something that sums up being single. I hope he doesn't mind me copying this here!!!

The guys that I fall for do not fall for me. The guys that fall for me are the ones that I do not fall for. I am not looking to settle for less than I want. I'd rather be single and happy, surrounded by good friends than with someone that I do not love. ... How I got to this point, I don't know. But right now I am holding out for the guy who takes my breath away. The one to whom I can look and see his imperfections while still feeling my heart skip a little. The one you just want to hold. The one you want to just be with. He's out there. Maybe I have met him, maybe I have not. Maybe I will never meet him. But I wait just the same.
This sounds so much like me, it is uncanny. He put into words everything that I have been thinking for a long time. Chris, if you are reading this, thank you. And, if you'd rather I remove it, just say so and it will be done.


2 Comments:

At August 18, 2004 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems that you are giving up the search for the perfect man. That's great, cause none of them are perfect! They're only human, mortals, men. What else can we say?

 
At August 18, 2004 10:35 AM, Blogger Maisyday said...

I agree. Men aren't perfect, nor are women. But, I haven't given up. I am not looking for the perfect man, just the one that is perfect for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home